Follow TigerEyeFP on Twitter

02 June 2011

Thursday = social media day!

Thursday is the day where I put down my camera, grab my pen and paper and start reading other peoples blogs, posts, thoughts and ideas. The pen and paper is because I like to take notes. Someone out there might just ask a challenging question that I might like to try and answer, not for them, but for myself.

A question like the one I happened to stumble across today. What exactly is your business? Well, for me, the obvious is photography! But what about the details? Do I want to be open, honest and trustworthy or do I want to be mean, closed, cold, harsh and everything else that happens to be negative? Personally, just between you and me I'd rather be open honest and trustworthy. It may take me a lot longer to build a client base, but in the long run, I think it will be better!

Another question I am yet to answer is What are my strengths? Why do I find this so hard to answer? Well, lets just say that those who had the greatest influence in my life told me I would never amount to much and that I really should give up before I even try! So, for me, starting a business is a really huge thing! Thankfully I have a core group of supporters!

I already know what my specialities are, the type of photography that I enjoy the most... Landscape and pets. That was an easy question!! :)

So, what exactly is TigerEye Freelance Photography? It is a stuglling sole trader micro photography business that is owned and operated by me! Couldn't be more to the point then that!

So, where to go from here? I guess I can only keep trying! I have been told that trying to start a business in a small country town probably isn't the best idea! But hey, I'm stubborn, I'll do my best to make it work. Hence putting down the camera to read what others have written to see what I can learn! To see what strategies I can put in place to help me be a better photographer and business owner! By this time next year I don't want to be as struggling as I am now!

No comments:

Post a Comment